My mom used to heat up those Green Giant steamer rice pilafs and they were SO good, but the amount of sodium in it now makes me cringe. Rice is a great anchor of any meal but it can also be a little boring, so one night I had an idea to perk it up a bit with my own take on the pilaf I once loved and could stomach. TBH, it can’t get any easier than this.
- 1 cup white or brown Basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped or sliced
- 3/4 cups frozen peas
- Tbsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil 2 cups chicken stock (reduced sodium or regular)
- Add a tablespoon of garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- Bring to a boil
- Add the rice, carrots and peas
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the rice is fluffy and the liquid gone
- Serve warm!
Seriously, that’s it! This rice is so flavorful and a great compliment to any meal. Enjoy!