Steelhead Trout is a great alternative to Salmon when you’re in the mood to try something familiar but different. Steelhead is part of the Salmon family and has a slightly different taste, but a lot of the same health benefits. It’s rich in vitamin D, vitamin B, and Omega 3 Fatty Acids. These vitamins help decrease our risk of heart disease and increase our immune system.
I try to eat fish at least twice a week and because of that I’m always thinking of different marinades or sides to go with it.
You should buy as much fish as you’ll eat. If just for two people, 1.25-1.5lb should be enough. I cook like I’m cooking for 4 people: 2 portions for dinner, and 2 portions left over for lunch the next day. 1.25lbs = 20 oz = four 5oz portions
- 1.25 lb Steelhead (or Salmon)
- 2 tbsp course ground mustard (i.e. Grey Poupon)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice from one lemon wedge
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Line your baking sheet with tin foil
- Rinse and lay the steelhead on the baking sheet; pat dry with a paper towel
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey and lemon
- Season the steelhead with a pinch of salt & pepper
- Spread the honey mustard across the top of the fish
- Bake for 11-12 minutes
Serve this up with some rice and a veggie and this will your new favorite weeknight dinner!