This is the most delicious, quick shortcake recipe you’ll ever make! The biggest prep is making the boxed cake! Make a sheet cake & or rounds or even cupcakes! and stack to your hearts desire!
- 1 box of vanilla cake (cooked according to box instructions)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners/powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pkg of strawberries, washed, stems removed & sliced
- Baking sheet or rounds
- Hand mixer (or if you have a lot of stamina, whisk by hand)
- Cake Stand or large plate
- Spatula or off-set spatula (or knife if you have neither)
- Make the cake according to box instructions (I did this a day ahead. Wrap the cakes tightly in cling wrap or a tupperware).
- When you’re ready to make the cake
- Prep the strawberries and set aside
- Make the whipped cream – combine the cream, vanilla, & sugar. Beat together until the cream is fluffy and holds soft peaks.
- Assemble the cake
- Put one layer of cake down, spread whipped cream & top with a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Add another layer of cake on top and spread with whipped cream.
- Spread & smooth whipped cream along the sides of the cake
- Top the cake (and sides) with strawberries
One thought on “Shortcut Strawberry Shortcake”
Sweet and Tasty!