- 1 – Small to medium onion diced
- 1 – 15oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1lb chicken breast, cubed**
- 1 – 15oz can of coconut milk
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
**I’ve also made this with salmon, but cooked separately in the oven and added in later in the recipe with the spinach.
- Dice the onion & add to the pan with 2 tsp neutral oil (like vegetable oil) over medium-low heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Move the onion over to the side of the pan and add the chicken. Cook 3-5 minutes until the chicken is mostly cooked through. Mix the onion back in and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes & cook for 2 minutes to warm through.
- Add the curry powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix.
- Add the coconut milk & stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the spinach and mix to combine. The spinach will wilt.
- Serve with basmati rice or naan